On-Site Event Apparel Sales Representative
Rate: Half Day $75, Full Day $150
Location: Kansas City
About Mission Driven
Mission Driven helps long-term shelter pets find forever homes while creating unique apparel and goods for dog and cat lovers.
Scott spends seven days a week visiting local and rural animal shelters to meet and get to know their longest-term residents. He starts slowly by talking to them and offering treats, and day by day gains a little more trust so he can walk them, play with them, and show them that he can be trusted.
He then shares their story on social media with photographs and videos to get them adopted by the perfect family. If the dog requires medical attention, as they often do, he raises money for their treatment. While visiting the long-term shelter dogs, he doesn't forget to get 30 ice cream treats for all the other dogs in the shelter.
The sale of our apparel and goods helps fund the animal rescue work Scott does every day.
The Position in a Nutshell
In our On-Site Event Apparel Sales Representative role, you will run our pop-up shops in the greater Kansas City area. You will set up and tear down at pop-up shops, distribute promotional material, sell merchandise, track inventory, and handle all aspects with running a booth at a pop-up shop. Additionally, you will need to answer questions about our apparel and animal rescue work.
We are looking for someone friendly, detail-oriented, a problem solver, and is ready to help grow our apparel brand and animal rescue work by being the face at on-site events in the metro.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordination pick-up and drop-off of all materials, supplies, and inventory for the event.
- Set up on-site booth for retail sales.
- Run on-site booth for pop-up shop event.
- Sell apparel and talk about what Mission Driven does with animal rescue.
- Manage inventory. Maintain a pre-show inventory list and update at end of show.
- Track sales via cash or card using our profile on Square. Set up for ease of processing orders.
- Tear down booth.
- Must be 18 or older with a valid Drivers License.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate to support pop-up shop events.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and a customer-service focus.
- Ability to finish tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with online retail sales platforms (Square).
- Thorough understanding of communications environment, products and services.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. (Boxes, display, tent, etc.)
- Positive Attitude
- Friendly, Outgoing
- Communicative -- Gives feedback and asks to learn new things!
Independent Contractor Status
Please read below very carefully to further understand this position! As an independent contractor, you are not considered our employee. You are considered to be self-employed, your name is your business name! If you are not familiar with contractor status, please ask questions during your interview and our team would be happy to go further into detail.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter to describe why you would be a good fit for this position and our company.
We are hoping to hire someone by mid-February.