TikTok & Instagram Reel Social Media Specialist
Part-Time at $20/hour
Location: Kansas City
About Mission Driven
Mission Driven helps long-term shelter pets find forever homes while creating unique apparel and goods for dog and cat lovers.
Scott spends seven days a week visiting local and rural animal shelters to meet and get to know their longest-term residents. He starts slowly by talking to them and offering treats, and day by day gains a little more trust so he can walk them, play with them, and show them that he can be trusted.
He then shares their story on social media with photographs and videos to get them adopted by the perfect family. If the dog requires medical attention, as they often do, he raises money for their treatment. While visiting the long-term shelter dogs, he doesn't forget to get 30 ice cream treats for all the other dogs in the shelter.
The sale of our apparel and goods help fund the animal rescue work Scott does everyday.
Between our Facebook and Instagram accounts we have 91.3 k followers and a combined engagement rate of 5.5%. Our audience is mainly women between 25-54 years old with a high concentration of people in Kansas and Missouri.
For 2022, we want to expand our audience through TikTok and Instagram Reels. We want to become a national brand and organization reaching animal lovers all over the United States.
The Position in a Nutshell
Are you fierce and hungry with an obsession for all things social? Do you make TikToks in your spare time? This is the perfect job for you! We want to find somebody we can work collaboratively with us. We need somebody who can hit the ground running growing and engaging with our social media accounts and understands the exact communities to target for each client. This job does not include a lot of training as we are looking for someone who can come in and act quickly.
Our TikTok and Instagram Reels pro should be experienced in creating engaging content on both platforms. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company's mission and apparel creatively. You should be able to aid in the production efficiency and repurpose content. You should be a creative storyteller and proficient in writing, reading, and speaking English. You're able to move people to action and engage with them in social conversation. You should be familiar with animal rescue, eCommerce, and have a passion for helping homeless pets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Own TikTok from start to finish
- Own Instagram Reels
- Improve presence of our brand by engaging with fans on all our social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Develop a strategy for TikTok and Instagram Reels videos that align with our brand’s mission and supports the business from a revenue point of view.
- Responsible for TikTok account organic growth and paid TikTok ads.
- Showcase the brand's mission and core values via unique and engagement content.
- Create sounds and hop on trends to achieve explosive growth on TikTok.
- Must have an extreme attention to detail and eagle eye for catching errors (spelling errors, grammar, incorrect dates, etc.).
- Scheduling out content on a daily/weekly basis to align with social media strategy for the channel, business goals and objectives, and writing captions in Mission Driven’s voice.
- Create and publish TikTok videos and Instagram Reels, including testing frequency, timing, and content type optimization (visual content, hashtag keywords, emojis, etc.) to improve social performance.
- Be a part in planning ahead and be forward thinking about upcoming social media needs surrounding launches, seasonal efforts, or "national days" of celebration.
- Weekly and monthly reporting on TikTok inclusive of top performing posts, impressions, engagement rates, click through rates, highest-performing days and times, etc. in addition to appropriately tagging and tracking each post to lend insight into the Alo shopper journey.
- Ability to lend actionable insights to monthly report by formulating unique recommendations and opportunities, based upon key learnings from weekly reports.
- Vast awareness of content production process for the always-on, trends, SEO and culturally relevant moments, supervising shoots, etc.
- Contribute with unique ideas for content production. Growing, nurturing and engaging the company's social sphere of users.
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment with a flexible work schedule and unquenchable thirst for trying new things.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in social media marketing - Please do not apply if you have not done social media before.
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English
- Photography, Videography, Graphic Design/Adobe Suite Skills a Plus but not required
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
- Communicative -- Gives feedback and asks to learn new things!
Independent Contractor Status
Please read below very carefully to further understand this position! As an independent contractor, you are not considered our employee. You are considered to be self-employed, your name is your business name! If you are not familiar with contractor status, please ask questions during your interview and our team would be happy to go further into detail.
- A current resume.
- Links for your social media portfolio and accounts.
- A cover letter to describe why you would be a good fit for this position and our company.
*Applicants must share examples of content you have created or you will not be considered.
We are hoping to hire someone by mid-February.